FORUMS: list search recent posts

use markers to make edit notes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Brown
use markers to make edit notes
on Apr 24, 2018 at 12:47:24 am

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, but I like using markers to create time notes for feedback to my editor working on a Premier system. I usually just take a screengrab of where my comments line up with a timecode of where the marker is in the timeline. It works great unless I write more than 6 words...you can't make that column wide enough to display everything I've written. It's surprisingly limiting. Is there a way to get that data out another way?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: use markers to make edit notes
on Apr 25, 2018 at 7:37:57 pm

It requires an investment, but the industry is generally moving to on-line stored notes systems for stuff like this. The class of the pack is Frame.io
It gives you the ability to attach notes directly to frames in a shared cloud experience and works within both FCP X and Premiere.

If you don't want something that sophisticated, you can also just do the traditional thing and pop a timecode generator atop your timeline as a kinda/sorta adjustment layer - then take notes in a word processor linked to those.

It's the only way I know of to exchange notes linked to video between two editors working on totally different software platforms.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: use markers to make edit notes
on Apr 25, 2018 at 8:11:13 pm

Jason,

I'm not sure what exactly you mean or want to do.
What are the screenshots for?

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]