FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clean Install of High Sierra

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Alan
Clean Install of High Sierra
on Apr 18, 2018 at 6:33:55 pm

Bottom line: does any one know of a step-by-step tutorial on how to get my previous data and apps back into a clean installed High Sierra? This used to be an easy Google search, but can't find one.

Obviously apple apps can be added through the Apple store, but I have others.

I use CCC not Apple's built in more limited back up.

I used to always do clean installs but in the last couple of OS updates, didn't.

Things like email and texts are a concern. Used to be a drag the old folder/library into the new one (master folder hidden but option click brought it up) etc.
--------------------------
Concerns and Complaints
I have a bug in Sierra since the latest update of that OS I think when they added codex support for a bunch of cams.
Basically, when I import a P2 media card that was shot with 2 or more channels, FC only recognizes 1 of them and even populates the four channels built into the Panasonic cams as identical-which they are not; not mono but literally only 1 of the mike's recording on all four channels.
That said when I imported the card copy on another Sierra OS Mac the audio was perfect.
I had read on the Cow other P2 users having this exact problem but no remedies.
And I want the new features in High Sierra anyway.

My biggest concern, other than getting every thing back the way it was, is I use MS office 2006. I don't want subscription apps and don't want ribbon and have a ton of docs using Excel and MS word. Office 2006 is not supported with HS. Apple's word program doesn't come close to MS word spell check and Excel is the best of its kind. Really sick of new learning curves for every app I use. Currently learning Canon's raw app for the 5D mark Iv because Aperture can't see its raw shots but can accept a Tiff export from Canon's app (which has more features than Aperture in terms of color correction anyway). But eating up more time than I'd like. Seems like as soon as you I get fluent with an app, it's time to learn again.

Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic HPX250P, FCP X 10.3, teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]