FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML export for X2ProLE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Payne
XML export for X2ProLE
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:16:54 pm

Hey guys,

I'm trying to export and XML file of the teaser for my film (44 seconds) to then convert to AAF using X2Pro LE to send to my sound mixer. When I export the XML and then convert using X2Pro LE it gives me an AAF that's 1.94 GB, which clearly seems to massive.

I'm assuming it's exporting then converting the entire feature (various projects in fcpx included), but I can't seem to figure out how to export/convert just the tiny teaser. I'm sure I'm missing some very basic step, but I can't seem to figure it out from researching it online.

I'm clicking the project to load it into the timeline then going to file and exporting as XML. Am I missing some obvious step?

Thanks for any info.

Project is Prores 444 using proxies. I've tried exporting XML from proxy, from full footage, to even one single highlighted clip and it keeps ending being a 409kb fcpxml converted to a 1.94 gb AAF.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: XML export for X2ProLE
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:32:38 pm

LE does not trim the media, so you are providing all of the media. The full version allows trimming of the media plus a user specified handle length, which cuts down the file size.

Return to posts index

Glenn Payne
Re: XML export for X2ProLE
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:36:19 pm

I was wondering if that might be it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]