FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep audio in since

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Morr
Keep audio in since
on Apr 17, 2018 at 4:54:55 pm

Music with middle cut out (unwanted).
Timed both halves of the music so when the 1st half ends the beat continues properly to the 2nd half of the music.
I want to delete a video clip on the main timeline.
After deleting the video clip the music beat is out of sinc.
Can't link the music track to another clip in main storyline.
Explained better in image.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Keep audio in since
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:34:44 pm

Put the music in a secondary storyline, and attach it to a point in the timeline before the clip you want to delete.

Return to posts index

Kevin Rag
on Apr 18, 2018 at 2:21:29 am

Hey Marc,
I always make a compound clip of the edited music track so that these things don't happen. The clip that the second piece of music is attached to is moving when you delete the marked video clip. It won't happen if the music is a compound clip and the clip is attached to the very first clip. Hope this helps.

K

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 18, 2018 at 5:45:20 am

A compound also works, but a secondary might be better as you can adjust without opening the compound, and you can achieve the same thing.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Apr 18, 2018 at 2:20:30 pm
Last Edited By Doug Metz on Apr 18, 2018 at 2:23:42 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "A compound also works, but a secondary might be better as you can adjust without opening the compound, and you can achieve the same thing."

I'll second the secondary. Trim the two where they meet, select both, hit Command - G.

I'll typically create a secondary with the full music track first. Then find a suitable beat, trim, and sometimes add a short crossfade if I need to.

If I'm working with watermarked music, then I'll compound the full track, put that in a secondary, and cut the compound. If we like it, putting the licensed version in is as simple as replacing the track inside the compound.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]