FORUMS: list search recent posts

Record Voiceover Audio Level Low in FCPX10.4.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Record Voiceover Audio Level Low in FCPX10.4.1
on Apr 17, 2018 at 3:54:28 pm

I am using FCPX 10.4.1 on High Sierra and the audio record level for record voiceover in X seems 30 db down. I use a Blue Snowball mic that goes USB into the mac. Setup remains the same as the last many years. I configure it through the system audio, but the level is down about 30 db from where it should be. I tried recording with Garageband and the levels look normal.

Anyone experiencing this problem? Any work arounds?
Thanks, Claude Lyneis

Return to posts index

Mark Smith
Re: Record Voiceover Audio Level Low in FCPX10.4.1
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:24:07 pm

Infrequent a user as I am of the voice over recording capability in X, I have long experienced what I felt were problem with recording levels being too low for in app recorded voice overs. Its a bummer to know it may have gotten worse.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: Record Voiceover Audio Level Low in FCPX10.4.1
on Apr 17, 2018 at 11:04:52 pm

This apparently is a software bug that relates to the Blue Snowball USB mic and maybe the Blue Yeti, FCPX 10.4.1 and High Sierra. Irritating since I have used FCPX and the Blue Snowball through many iterations of OSX and FCPX. I searched the web and Youtube and some similar issues are noted, but no solutions found. Looks like Apple made it work in Garageband but not FCPX.

I guess my short term work around will be to record the voice over segments in Garageband and then paste them into FCPX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]