FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Multiple Multicam Sync clip workflow question.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Cooke
Newbie Multiple Multicam Sync clip workflow question.
on Mar 28, 2018 at 12:28:53 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie to FCPX and more complex video editing beyond iMovie and I'm working on a music promo video project for my band. I'm looking for some direction on the best, established workflow process to put this together.

I'm doing a 12 song snippet video, with three primary cameras and 5 "go pro" style individual cams. I have a master audio track for each. Each song snippet (no more than 1 minute long) has it's own audio and video clips.

My uninitiated plan was to do the following:

Create individual events for each song and treat each segment as a stand alone. This way I create my multicam clip, with my synced master audio track, and working in the angle editor, I can go to all my various angles and cutaway shots. I would put in my transitions and effects and be done.

Then I was going to stitch together each multicam clip along the timeline with transitions and voila, I'd have my compilation video.

Is this a recommended method? Are there any technical pitfalls from combining completed multicam projects together?

I guess the other option would be to create ONE long project, with all the clips for all the songs, strung together and edited as one project.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: Newbie Multiple Multicam Sync clip workflow question.
on Mar 28, 2018 at 7:49:43 pm

Hi Ray,

You've got a good plan there, and if it helps you conceptually, I can't think of a good reason not to go that direction.

Alternatively, you could put everything in one Event, use Keywords to differentiate your individual songs and associated media, and create individual Projects for each song edit. Then build one more 'master' Project for the finished piece, where you'd copy/paste your selects from the individual songs.

Kind of a '6 of one, half-dozen of the other' deal. Personally, I lean toward the latter to reduce the jumping back and forth between Events.

Let 'er rip!

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]