Re: FCPX - appears to be imploding....?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: FCPX - appears to be imploding....?
on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:45:21 am

Just one additional note if it helps.

Because X is designed to be “resolution independent” - it always tries to apply all its math at the highest precision possible.

When you are working with large files (like the 4K optimized media you note) - it’s quite possible to apply a simple “one click” or perhaps a “drag and drop” process - that launches a MASSIVE amount of needed calculatuons in the background.

For example, tossing noise reduction onto a cross dissolve which itself is trying to marry two high Rez rasters - might require literally billions and billions of calculations as the software calculates pixel values AND tries to look for any noise hidden in the results of such calculations.

I’m not implying that’s the problem here - but rather pointing out that “easy to do” things in the software, may trigger FAR from equally easy to do calculations.

Personally, I f I find that stuff radically slows down, I often take just a couple of seconds of my content, Isolate it. And test the processes I want to apply there.

If it took 2 seconds to process before I applied an effect - but two minutes afterwards (or worse, 20 minutes!) I can rethink my workflow.

Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]