FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 'Master File' render looks more saturated than it does in the Viewer Display whilst editing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey Longden
FCPX 'Master File' render looks more saturated than it does in the Viewer Display whilst editing
on Mar 14, 2018 at 7:46:04 pm
Last Edited By Casey Longden on Mar 14, 2018 at 7:51:59 pm

I have a file that I'm editing in FCPX (10.2.3), rendering as a Master and then importing to After Effects for titling.

Trouble is that the Master render from FCPX looks more saturated than it does whilst I'm editing and I can't understand why.

In the image below, the top is FCPX whilst editing, the bottom is AE using the Master file rendered from FCPX and the left is the rendered Master from FCPX playing in VLC.

You can see a difference between the FCPX and the AE / VLC images but can anybody explain why that is happening?

Cheers.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: FCPX 'Master File' render looks more saturated than it does in the Viewer Display whilst editing
on Mar 16, 2018 at 12:33:57 pm

All applications use different color management in displaying their image to a computer screen. This will also vary, depending on how the display's color profile is set. You will never find consistent results between different applications when judging on a computer display. It will also vary a bit based on the codec used.

If color is really critical to your project, you should make judgements based on using an I/O hardware device (BMD or AJA) and viewing your output on a high-quality broadcast display. I realize that's a frustrating answer, especially if your delivery is only for the web, but unfortunately that's the nature of the beast.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]