FORUMS: list search recent posts

All title generators showing same text in viewer, but not on actual generator.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
All title generators showing same text in viewer, but not on actual generator.
on Mar 10, 2018 at 4:46:25 am

I've imported an XML from someone. All of the title generators are showing the same text in the viewer and in the inspector, however the actual title generator object shows the original text that should be shown in the viewer, as a label of sorts.

Any ideas how to correct this?

FCP X 10.4

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: All title generators showing same text in viewer, but not on actual generator.
on Mar 10, 2018 at 2:39:53 pm

I wonder if there is a mismatch with the Motion templates. Can they send you the Motion template they used to create the titles?

Just spitballing here.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: All title generators showing same text in viewer, but not on actual generator.
on Mar 10, 2018 at 3:57:14 pm

I am using X-FX Handler to figure out what's going on. It's odd that everything showed as "true" in X-FX handler, but there were still some titles missing. I seemed to have gotten it to work though.

There were several copies of the title generator at the computer's library level and in the user account. I am going through the XML and cleaning it so it points to only one set - the computers's library level so that the generator isn't bound to any user.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Mar 10, 2018 at 5:02:06 pm

[Tangier Clarke]... I am going through the XML and cleaning it so it points to only one set - the computers's library level so that the generator isn't bound to any user.
I really recommend all users to use the "Library" path install version for every new (custom) plugin.
This "User" thing has lost so many users in painful situations - but probably it's too late.

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]