FORUMS: list search recent posts

Without exporting a "Master File" and then re-exporting in Compressor or similar, is there a way to adjust the audio prefs in Share options?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Gage
Without exporting a "Master File" and then re-exporting in Compressor or similar, is there a way to adjust the audio prefs in Share options?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 10:44:46 pm

Unfortunately, it doesn't look possible.

I need to do this quickly without exporting as PCM and PR422 and then optimizing in another program, so I will be exporting directly from FCP X 10.3 to upload. I will upload the result as 720p .mov for a VOD sales site (from the original 720p project). I have about 50 instructional videos in total to do.

If I export as: "Video and Audio" H.264; audio is AAC 128b.

If I export as: "Computer" H.264; audio is AAC 256b.

The video quality of the two is similar, maybe the V and A option is slightly better. I suppose same could be said for the audio. Is there a missing pref hiding somewhere? (By the way, I don't have a current version of Compressor and won't be buying it, so that's not an option for me, I only have the old FCP 7 version.)

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
Re: Without exporting a "Master File" and then re-exporting in Compressor or similar, is there a way to adjust the audio prefs in Share options?
on Feb 28, 2018 at 8:50:10 pm

Any body have any thoughts?

I guess unless I export and use a separate encoder, it is what it is from FCP. I thought I'd ask in case I was missing something. I just don't want to take the time right now to double export for what the final product needs to be.

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Without exporting a "Master File" and then re-exporting in Compressor or similar, is there a way to adjust the audio prefs in Share options?
on Mar 1, 2018 at 12:24:19 am

You can create a Compressor setting in Compressor, and then use that setting as a share output from FCPX by adding a “Compressor Setting” in the prefs.

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Mar 1, 2018 at 1:28:10 am

Jeremy,

(Hey, long time no type to. I've been off doing non-video stuff for a couple of years.)

As I said in the first post, I only have the old FCP 7 version of Compressor. I don't think that would work without double-export and I don't want to buy the newest version just for this job or spend extra time. I think that using the the default FCP X Share options should be fine. I'd just like to tweak them a bit if possible. I wish there were a few more options available for data rate and audio choice (AAC bit rate, etc.).

Thanks,
Dave

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 1, 2018 at 2:50:13 am

Oops, sorry, Dave. I missed that part.

Yes, a Compressor purchase would be necessary to tweak settings, otherwise you’re stuck with default.

Hope you’re well, sir! :)

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Mar 2, 2018 at 8:49:05 pm

Just for old times sake, I went and checked the requirements for the newest Compressor and it requires Sierra, so I couldn't buy or install it if I wanted to since I'm on El Capitan with no plans to upgrade for some time. (I just left Snow Leopard about 6 months ago.)

After about 30 years, I'm pretty much done with Apple. The next computer I buy will likely be a Dell laptop or similar and then install Linux Mint or similar for business. When I occasionally need FCP or Logic, I can boot up one of the older Macs. It's too bad because I really like Logic and FCP, but it's time to move on. Thanks, Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]