FORUMS: list search recent posts

Just double checking: there's no way to have it play at less than normal speed, correct?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Just double checking: there's no way to have it play at less than normal speed, correct?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 5:58:38 pm

I'm writing a script and using footage in a FCP X project. I want to let it play and transcribe that way. However, at normal speed, the talking is too fast. I've custom speeded all the clips to 80% but that makes it a bit wonky and it does weird things (like insert gaps in odd places). The idea would be playing it back at less than normal speed, but I can't see anyway to do that. Am I wrong here? Is there a way to do that?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Just double checking: there's no way to have it play at less than normal speed, correct?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 6:15:09 pm
Last Edited By Steve Connor on Feb 26, 2018 at 6:16:51 pm

Duplicate your project then make all the clips in that project into one compound clip then you can retime that single compound clip. Make sure you tick "preserve pitch" in the retime dropdown

"Traditional NLEs have timelines. FCPX has storylines" W.Soyka

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Just double checking: there's no way to have it play at less than normal speed, correct?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 7:03:13 pm

If you press and hold 'l' to play forward, and then hold k, it plays back at ~50%.

You will need to be an octopus if you have to type at the same time.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Feb 26, 2018 at 7:07:50 pm

Sadly, I am not an octopus....

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 26, 2018 at 9:10:04 pm

Hey Noam;

Another way to get your transcripts, sans tentacles, is to export a low-rez of the whole timeline to YouTube, marked as "unlisted", and let their AI transcribe it for you in a few minutes. Download the transcript, erase the YouTube, apply the transcript to whatever other process you need. If the audio is clean and clear, the quality level is pretty good.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:23:55 pm

All good advice! Thanks gang.....

Return to posts index

Chad Greene
on Mar 1, 2018 at 11:20:25 pm

I am guessing you are transcribing this yourself because you don't want to spend money? We do a ton of transcription and have found Rev.com to be a fantastic service for a ridiculous price. $1 per minute ($1.25 with timecode) and super fast turnarounds.

Chad Greene : Mahoney Media : Minneapolis, Minnesota : 2x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12GB Ram, OS 10.11 FCPX, Kona-LHi

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Mar 10, 2018 at 2:38:36 pm

I used to use Rev.com until I got onto SpeedScriber. Speedscriber is 100% automated and Rev.com is automated then corrected by a human. So it depends on how much accuracy you need, how good the audio quality is, how fast of turnaround you need, and how integrated into FCP X you want the transcript.

PROS
Rev.com - More accurate, better for poorer quality audio, better for strong accents
Speedscriber - Turnaround in minutes, integrated with FCP X so faster to work with once you have the transcript

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]