FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX not keeping audio mono channels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricardo Abellyra
FCPX not keeping audio mono channels
on Feb 26, 2018 at 1:43:34 am

Hello

I'm working on my first formal FCPX project and I have wated a whole day trying to solve this problem. Probably there's an easy solution but just can't figure it out.

I received an HD file that need some basic editing and be sent back to the client in the same format. It is an MXF with XDCAM 50mbs codec and has 16 independent audio channels. All audio channels are

When I put the file in a story line and try to play the clip, all the audios go to the center channel according to the mixer. If I export ("share" as it is now called in Final X) and then bring back the test file to see how it went, in the visual waveform tells me that everything got mixed into the third audio channel and all other 16 channels are blank.

I have tried to play with the Audio Roles, but it doesn't give me many options. All audios are asigned automatically as "Dialogue" and the only thing I can really modify is to put it in a subrole, or name it music or effect, but still can't make it a mono independent audio track or channel.

Sorry for repeating but want to make sure i explained myself clearly: I need to export the file to MXF wrap, XDCAM HD 50mbs with 16 mono audio channels (I created a setting in Compresor, because it uses 8 by default) but all audios mix into the third channel. Even if I use one of Compressors pressets with less channels, I get the same result; and even if i don't care about exporting, the way FCP is handling the file in the timeline is by sending everything to the "center"channel.

I'll appreciate any help, I need to deliver this tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX not keeping audio mono channels
on Feb 26, 2018 at 4:26:08 pm

Use the "Roles As > Multitrack Quicktime" option in the Share window.

Then assign each channel to a mono output (Dialogue 1-16) to 16 difference output channels.

Like this:

Return to posts index

Ricardo Abellyra
on Feb 26, 2018 at 4:35:41 pm

But that will only work if I'm exporting to QT, while what I need to do is export to MXF.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 26, 2018 at 4:39:05 pm

MXF works too.

From the "Format" choose MXF, and pick your codec. Like this:

Return to posts index

Ricardo Abellyra
on Feb 26, 2018 at 5:02:07 pm

Holly Guacamole!

That was the setting I needed. Was sure it would be simple but couldn't figure out where was it.

Thank you Jeremy

Return to posts index

Ricardo Abellyra
on Feb 26, 2018 at 5:22:59 pm

I actually found a similar post from 2015, you solved the issue with with a walk around, apparently FCPX couldn't do this directly and needed it to be exported as QT and then re encoded in Compressor.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 26, 2018 at 5:28:19 pm

[Ricardo Abellyra] "I actually found a similar post from 2015, you solved the issue with with a walk around, apparently FCPX couldn't do this directly and needed it to be exported as QT and then re encoded in Compressor."

That may have been before FCPX could export MXF files directly.

It didn't always have that capability.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]