FORUMS: list search recent posts

Files on P2 cards aren't read after 10.4 update?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nigel Shields
Files on P2 cards aren't read after 10.4 update?
on Feb 21, 2018 at 9:11:33 pm

Okay so I'm on my work computer, and I recently updated to 10.4 . When I try to import from a P2 card, FCPX displays it as en empty disk. I updated the P2 reader's driver (Panasonic AJ-PCD2), no change. Tried copying the disc (which shows up in the finder) into a folder on my hard drive, when I went to import, the files showed up for about half a second and then quickly disappeared. FCPX let me make an archive of the card, which was the full size (~12gb), then did the same disappearing files thing. Even tried putting the P2 card back in one of our cameras (not sure of the exact model number, it's a one of the Panasonic DVC Pro HD P2 cameras), and it never registered in FC. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I didn't update Compressor along with FCPX, but I kind of doubt that would be the problem?

I'm running Sierra right now. Is there any reason running High Sierra would make a difference?

This is really driving me crazy, as I've got a bunch of stuff on P2 cards I haven't imported yet.

Return to posts index

Nigel Shields
Re: Files on P2 cards aren't read after 10.4 update?
on Feb 27, 2018 at 4:09:01 pm

Just to update I've done the whole trash all preferences/cache/support and reinstall thing, and it didn't fix anything. Starting to think there's no fix for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]