FORUMS: list search recent posts

That pesky warning triangle .... is there a log file ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Declan Smith
That pesky warning triangle .... is there a log file ?
on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:50:16 pm

Occasionally, like most people, I see the yellow warning triangle on my event, but can't find any missing media or anything wrong. It comes and goes.

I imported an after effects render asset and added it to my timeline. Closed FCPX came back the following day, all is good but I want to make some animation changes. So, close down FCPX, back to after effects, make the change, rendered out, opened FCPX. Checked the timeline, all my changes are fine and dandy, but the yellow warning triangle has appeared! Close FCPX and restart it, triangle gone. I've done this on many updated assets and the same happens, so it's not a problem.

BUT, is there anyway to know definitively why that triangle is there? Is there a log file? Clearly FCPX must think there is some sort of an issue otherwise it wouldn't display the triangle.

Declan Smith
http://www.madpanic.tv
FCPX / Adobe CS6/ FCS3 / Canon XLH1 / Canon 7D / Reason / Cubase

"it's either binary or it's not"

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: That pesky warning triangle .... is there a log file ?
on Feb 15, 2018 at 3:16:52 pm

The triangle usually indicates missing or changed media. In my experience it is often slow to update, which is why you see it and then when you reopen FCPX it's gone. It's also often inaccurate or doesn't update at all. As far as a log file, I don't know.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Feb 15, 2018 at 11:12:12 pm

[Oliver Peters] "It's also often inaccurate or doesn't update at all."

I have noticed this, too. If I don't see any missing media and my project has the warning, I park the playhead at the end of the edit and add a gap clip - poof! - warning gone, Undo Gap, all good again.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Feb 16, 2018 at 12:13:47 am

[Doug Metz] "add a gap clip - poof! - warning gone, Undo Gap, all good again."

Weird.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Feb 16, 2018 at 3:26:28 pm

[Oliver Peters] "Weird."

I've only seen it happen after moving projects from one library to another (on different drives), or when moving a library and it's media to another drive and re-linked everything. All media re-links without error, but a project or two will show the warning.

I'll see this a couple of times per year, and I'm moving stuff around regularly. One of these days I'll export an XML and see what I can see.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]