FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting R3D files from FCPX?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Crow
Exporting R3D files from FCPX?
on Feb 13, 2018 at 3:36:14 pm

I'm about to interview for a freelance gig where I will making quick edits to Red files. Basically they want me to "trim, color correct, and export R3D files." I have a few basic questions:

1) I've downloaded the "RED APPLE WORKFLOW INSTALLER V12" and watched a couple of short videos on FCPx and Red footage but it's unclear to me that once I am done editing a Red clips (.r3d file?) how do I EXPORT as a new .r3d file out of Final Cut Pro X with the new "sidecar" file (I guess they mean the file with the meta information)?

2) The company I'd be working for also mentions I'd be using REDCineX - I can't find that software on the Red site for the Mac - was it replaced by the Red Apple Workflow plugin?

Thanks for the help!

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Exporting R3D files from FCPX?
on Feb 13, 2018 at 4:11:38 pm

You can't export an .r3d from FCPX. I'm not sure any program can.

And RedcineX is now RedcineX Pro. http://www.red.com/products/redcine-x-pro

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Steve Crow
Re: Exporting R3D files from FCPX?
on Feb 13, 2018 at 4:22:35 pm
Last Edited By Steve Crow on Feb 13, 2018 at 6:20:14 pm

Thanks Michael, not surprised. I just found the Mac version of RedCine-X Pro on the Red site and downloaded it. I clearly have a lot to learn - am watching a video from Sam Messman about the workflow - just getting into it now.

One funny thing about RedCine-X Pro is that when you right click on a file - all the options seem to be greyed out although they highlight in orange as you roll over - probably that's just the way they designed it but for about 5 minutes I thought all the menu options were unavailable to me, haha!

Steve Crow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]