FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Render error -50 ???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Bennett
FCPX Render error -50 ???
on Feb 9, 2018 at 1:29:56 am

I just updated to High Sierra from Sierra and to FCPX 10.4. Now FCPX 10.4 can render. I get this error -50 each time I render.

This 13 min video has a bunch of clips where I've added Stabilization and where I start the render it says it's still rendering out these clips. But how many hours does that take? I stopped the render at let FCPX sit and finish rendering out these Stabilization clips. But nowhere does it say FCPX is doing any background rendering.

When I tell FCPX to Continue and start the render on my video it will fail somewhere in the middle of the render.

What is error -50 and how do I fix this?

I am trying to render an MP4, H.264 Faster Encode 1920 x 1080 (original footage is 4K)

???

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Ken Bennett
Re: FCPX Render error -50 ???
on Feb 9, 2018 at 3:45:07 am

I took the same timeline into Compressor and it rendered OK. So what is wrong with FCPX 10.4 that it can't render? What the difference?

???

Ken Bennett
Video Adventures
Capturing Your Life's Adventures!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCPX Render error -50 ???
on Feb 9, 2018 at 2:20:15 pm

I would delete our render cache and restart FCPX.

If that doesn’t work, quit FCPX, and trash your preferences on the next launch by holding command-option while launching FCPX.

You may lose any custom workspaces but they are placed in a zip file on your desktop for easy retrieval.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]