FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X Crashes on opening library

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Gifford
FCP X Crashes on opening library
on Feb 6, 2018 at 9:16:50 am

I have been working on a project for the last 2 weeks and now I am unable to open the library in which the project is contained. Whenever I try to open it, FCP X crashes immediately. I can open other libraries without any problems, so I am guessing a reinstall will not help but have trawled the web and tried several solutions all to no avail:

1. Deleting Preferences
2. Deleting CurrentVersion.flexolibrary file
3. Deleting Peaks Data and Thumbnail Data folders in Render File folder inside Library.
4. Restarting

The library is on a separate hard drive and contains several events inside one project. I did read about one solution to export the xml file from the project but I can't find a way to highlight the project file given the library doesn't show up under my recent libraries as it cannot now be opened. I am on Sierra with FCP X 10.4 and everything had worked perfectly until this morning. Yesterday afternoon, the power to my hard drive failed which I am guessing triggered some sort of corruption, although I worked on the project subsequently without any problems, before I closed FCP X for the day.

I am pulling my hair out and would appreciate any advice.....

James

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP X Crashes on opening library
on Feb 6, 2018 at 4:11:31 pm

Have you tried opening a backup?

File > Open Library > From Backup the click "Other" in the resulting dialog box and find the latest backup to your library.

Return to posts index

James Gifford
on Feb 6, 2018 at 5:37:38 pm

Thanks for replying - yes forgot to mention that - all backups were the same - ie none of them worked. I had tried Pro Maintenance which said the project was corrupted, but after a full day trying absolutely everything, I managed to get sorted thanks to Apple Technical Support. In the end it involved going into one of the backup library files and the corrupted library file and replacing one of the event files with the equivalent one from the backup file. More a process of trial and error than anything else but so glad it worked and was pleasantly surprised by Apple's service and willingness to help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 7, 2018 at 3:05:19 pm

Thanks for posting the fix.

Did you go one Event at a time and hoped that it opened or how did you know what Event was corrupt?

Return to posts index

James Gifford
on Feb 8, 2018 at 8:36:56 am

It was in the CurrentVersion.fcpevent file which was one folder level down from the main library, not the individual event files in the event folders another level down. I am not sure if this file refers to all the events or not - sorry my technical knowledge is not that advanced! But it was a process of trial and error - we only knew which file was corrupt after we had fixed the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]