FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform 30 fps before import into FCPX or let FCPX handle it for interview footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Sims
Conform 30 fps before import into FCPX or let FCPX handle it for interview footage
on Jan 30, 2018 at 3:20:59 am

Hello,

I have an interview we recently filmed that was shot at 24 fps. At the last minute it was suggested that we throw up 2 iphones to grab 2 alternate angles. Final delivery is on the web.

Without going into all the quality, lack of TC issues, etc, etc. The iPhone footage is 30 fps. What's the best way for me to conform the iPhone footage now that High Sierra doesn't run Cinema Tools? Plus, how much drift should I expect since the interview ran for around an hour and twenty minutes without camera stops when I lay to footage side by side against the 24 fps footage?

I've never worked with the multicam option and would love to use this as a test run for projects down the road.

Any suggestions on workflow would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Rich Sims

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Conform 30 fps before import into FCPX or let FCPX handle it for interview footage
on Jan 30, 2018 at 9:36:04 pm

Is this -THE- Rich Sims???

I’d label all the clips with the appropriate camera angles (Angle A, B, C or 1,2,3) in the metadata and then use the multicam option to sync. Do all the angles have audio? If so, they should sync. When creating the multiclip, use all the “automatic” options. Select the “use audio for synchronization” box and see what happens.

Make sure the “create optimized media for multicam clips” is turned OFF in FCPX preferences for now. It’s easy enough for optimized media later, if needed.

Return to posts index

Rich Sims
Re: Conform 30 fps before import into FCPX or let FCPX handle it for interview footage
on Jan 31, 2018 at 4:35:38 am

Hello Mr. Garchow!

Indeed this is THE Rich Sims!

Thanks for the insight!

Will give it a try tomorrow and see how things line up.

See you around town!

Take care,
Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]