FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project crashed - very little saved

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Braden
Project crashed - very little saved
on Jan 22, 2018 at 7:31:15 pm

I'm new to FCPX after being away from editing for 7-8 years. Just started work on my first project. While working on this new project I got the spinning color wheel of death that went on and on and on. Finally had to force quit the program. When I reopened - about 2 hours of my work (color correction, titles, etc) was all gone. After crying for a few minutes - I began searching for info on saving (save as, etc) and have come to learn that this version auto saves as you go. I find that interesting - since it just lost 2 hours worth of my work. Any suggestions as to how I retrieve what I had done? Or what safeguards I can add into my workflow to prevent such disasters? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Project crashed - very little saved
on Jan 22, 2018 at 11:34:07 pm

FCPX constantly saves and basically does this with every change, so it's weird that you lost 2 hours of work. You should have a Back-ups folder, though, with auto-saved versions. If you can locate that, you should be able to revert to the last saved version.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Project crashed - very little saved
on Jan 23, 2018 at 4:22:50 pm

Search for autosave vault. And in prefs, you can set how long the machine waits between auto-saves. I'm paranoid so I set that for five minutes. Too much can happen in two hours to risk losing it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]