FORUMS: list search recent posts

Colour flickering when adding any titles / generators / images over timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Davies
Colour flickering when adding any titles / generators / images over timeline
on Jan 20, 2018 at 4:58:40 pm

A couple of weeks ago I noticed an intermittent colour and lighting flicker in my projects. Footage is always from the same cameras with the same settings.

This isn't a persistent flicker - it's almost as though the white balance or exposure is changing every few seconds on the cameras. I don't think it's a camera issue because it's occurring on multiple different camera angles in the same project.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling FCPX but this has had no effect

I've opened the projects on different Macs and get the same issue.

Here's some test footage. Look at the green paper on the easel to the left, or the lime on the shelf in the lower right, as that's where it's most noticeable:

https://art-tutor.wistia.com/medias/qgcstnib9n

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Colour flickering when adding any titles / generators / images over timeline
on Jan 21, 2018 at 4:50:59 am

Does this happen if you playback the footage in Quicktime?

What happens if you playback the footage without the titles?

Return to posts index

Phil Davies
Re: Colour flickering when adding any titles / generators / images over timeline
on Jan 21, 2018 at 11:09:14 pm

Ok so the clips play fine in QuickTime.

If I remove the titles it does improve the flickering in that area but there is still flickering elsewhere on the timeline where there are no titles. The tiles are FCPX presets and not a third party plugin.

I need to do more tests but it seems like creating a new project and adding in the footage without any titles or other overlays works ok. As soon as I add anything above the primary timeline it triggers the issue, which remains in places even if I then remove all those overlays.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 22, 2018 at 3:02:14 am

[Phil Davies] "
If I remove the titles it does improve the flickering in that area but there is still flickering elsewhere on the timeline where there are no titles. The tiles are FCPX presets and not a third party plugin. "

First think I would do is trash your cache files.

If that doesn’t work, I’d trash your preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]