FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature Film Workflow: Recommended best practices

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
José Luis Martínez Díaz
Feature Film Workflow: Recommended best practices
on Jan 20, 2018 at 2:54:32 pm

Hi,

I'm about to confront my first feature film in this system, after some years between MC and FCP7, and I'm still trying to learn the new mindset.

I was pretty much used to the old a bin per sequence and key rolls procedure, but would like to embrace this metadata madness and get the best out of this.

What is your preferred / optimum way of organising the material in FCPX. I basically started with an event per category (shooting days / music / fx / titles / temps / cuts...) and keyword per sequence... I'm obviously not getting all the juice from this workflow, so any help will be appreciated.

PS. I'm just starting with Matzdorff and Wolsky books...

Thanks,

Jose

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Feature Film Workflow: Recommended best practices
on Jan 20, 2018 at 4:33:58 pm

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/articles/1895-organising-and-managing-480-h...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
Re: Feature Film Workflow: Recommended best practices
on Jan 20, 2018 at 6:39:45 pm
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Jan 20, 2018 at 6:42:46 pm

I tend to not lock in an organizational structure, which separating into different events does. So I use one event. That way when you do a search it has the possibility of pulling everything up with that keyword/date/etc.. Versus having to bounce between different events using the same search. But I don't work on feature films. Which I think dividing it up into different events may speed up the program a bit.

In the browser I group by Creation Date or Camera. For smaller projects I tend to find things with just a visual search. But for bigger projects If I need more tools to narrow down my footage, I tend to use the Smart Collections to do it. Such as showing only media from a certain camera and/or showing media from a certain day. Sometimes I just leave up the Smart Collections parameter window and dynamically change the filtering parameters

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]