FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID project to latest FCPX- how?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kent Beeson
AVID project to latest FCPX- how?
on Jan 18, 2018 at 6:54:50 pm

any easy way to take an AVID project to FCPX 10.4 then back to AVID after finished?

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: AVID project to latest FCPX- how?
on Jan 18, 2018 at 7:03:47 pm

Wow! Interesting. Might have to put Resolve in there somewhere. Can I ask why going to X and back to Avid? Curious about the workflow.

sw

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Visual Storyteller
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Jan 18, 2018 at 7:08:15 pm

client's assistant editor cut long string out on an old AVID but I want to edit the doc on my home FCPX system which is faster, etc.

So was hoping if I knew how to go from AVID to FCPX somehow I would suggest that to client and be able to hand them a file that would then translate well to AVID for their archive.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 18, 2018 at 7:47:41 pm

There is no way to convert projects...only sequences. Wait, sequences in FCX are called PROJECTS, so this is confusing. You can only convert TIMELINES...not full project, or library, organization. It wasn't the best idea to have someone do all of the importing and organization and string outs in a different NLE that you are editing in. You'll spend a lot of time and effort getting it over to the NLE you are using just so you can work.

But then they want an Avid project for the archive? No...you won't be able to do that. If this client is cutting on Avid, and wants an Avid project...you need to cut on Avid. You can't start in Avid, transfer everything and cut on FCX, and then convert it back to Avid. You need to start in Avid and stay in Avid.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kent Beeson
on Jan 18, 2018 at 8:00:12 pm

OK thanks - AVID it is

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
on Jan 19, 2018 at 1:05:41 am

Since AVID original goal was to off line and generate an EDL maybe you could use this path to DaVinci resolve then via fcpxml to the wonderfull FCPX NLE then back to AVID using EDL X ... which can convert fcpxml to EDL CMX 3600 which AVID loves.

my 2 cents

http://xmil.biz/EDL-X/EDL-X.shtml

FRANCOIS

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 19, 2018 at 2:08:44 am

[Francois Jean] "Since AVID original goal was to off line and generate an EDL maybe you could use this path to DaVinci resolve then via fcpxml to the wonderfull FCPX NLE then back to AVID using EDL X ... which can convert fcpxml to EDL CMX 3600 which AVID loves."

Again, this will only convert sequences, not full projects.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]