FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't re-link files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristin Kirby
Can't re-link files
on Jan 17, 2018 at 8:55:26 pm

Hi there,

So I am using several different libraries for one project. I just tried to move several clips from the timeline of a project in library A to the timeline of a project in library B. Usually this works fine, but now it’s saying (when I go to Library B where I moved it to) that the files are missing. I tried relinking files, but FCP could only find a couple of the files, in a folder where I directed it to. However, the files still show up fine in Library A. I think the original files are probably not there, but why would it show up in Library A? Can I somehow take them from there and put them in Library B? Any thoughts? I'm using FCP 10.4.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: Can't re-link files
on Jan 17, 2018 at 11:10:40 pm

You can copy them from A to B. Just drag the clip out of A and drop it into an EVENT in B. Now you will have them in both but not duplicating the media.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Visual Storyteller
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Kristin Kirby
on Jan 18, 2018 at 1:59:22 am

Thanks - I did try that and it didn't work. As soon as I moved it, it came up missing again. I did find a way to do it though: in the original library I used "reveal in finder", created a duplicate, and dropped that into the second library. It worked! :)

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
on Jan 18, 2018 at 6:37:23 pm

Glad it worked. That certainly is not the way it should work! Are your Libraries spread across different drives?

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Visual Storyteller
https://vimeo.com/channels/1322525
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Kristin Kirby
on Jan 18, 2018 at 9:19:28 pm

No, they're all on one drive. I've always saved a copy to the library (which I probably won't do anymore, but I was a novice, so I thought it was the best way). The clips showed up as in Original Media for the library, but nowhere else. Seems like it should have transferred to the other library without me having to make a copy but I guess not.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]