FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downgrading FCP X Via App Store?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Chamberlain
Downgrading FCP X Via App Store?
on Jan 8, 2018 at 11:59:20 pm

Is there any way to download older versions of Final Cut Pro X from the App Store?

We edit a weekly newscast at our studio, with the A-roll footage coming from a switcher into a Blackmagic H.264 Recorder in a .mp4 wrapper. We were using FCP 10.2 for ages but something else forced me to update macOS. This, of course, obsoleted 10.2 and forced me to update to 10.4. This version has tons of issues on the main .mp4 files like stuttering on playback, etc. So I'm wondering if there's any way to downgrade to 10.3. Otherwise, I'll just have to "go the streets" temporarily until the official 10.4.1 update comes from Apple.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Downgrading FCP X Via App Store?
on Jan 9, 2018 at 3:41:21 am

There's no easy way to go backwards other than having a copy of an earlier version stored away somewhere. I have known Apple support to take pity on someone with unfixable tech issues and give them a download link for older versions. Could be wort chatting to them anyway as I'm running 10.4 on everything from a 2012 iMac to a 2013 Mac Pro and a MacBook Air and I'm not having any issues with MP4 playback - and Apple won't be fixing your issue in 10.4.1 unless they know it exists.

Just an afterthought - have you checked that you're running the latest version of the Pro Codecs? I had some weird issues with 10.4 and High Sierra until they were installed and for some reason they didn't show as an update until about a week after I installed 10.4.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Aaron Chamberlain
Re: Downgrading FCP X Via App Store?
on Jan 9, 2018 at 4:33:15 am

Good point. I didn't update all our machines to 10.4 yet, so maybe I can grab one from those machines. Pretty sure Pro Codecs were up to date as well but I will look once I'm at the studio again tomorrow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]