FORUMS: list search recent posts

Skewed PS files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Berez
Skewed PS files
on Jan 4, 2018 at 9:32:31 pm

Community,

Has anyone else had trouble with PS files imported into FCPX. I'm working on a doc that has hundreds of sill images, most of them PS files, but not all. Intermitently, but regularly I get horribly skewed playback and there is not rhyme or reason to it. The files may or may not look skewed in the browser. If you reboot, it often fixes one but skews another. I would say it happens about 5 times out of a hundred. The files were all made identically, no question about that. If I change them to TIFF's it still happens (bizarre I know). Rebooting is the only way I know to "fix" the images but that brings the risk that others become corrupted. It happens across track sheets (projects) but only in this library. Anyone seen anything like it?

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Skewed PS files
on Jan 5, 2018 at 3:06:40 pm

FWIW - I stopped using Photoshop files (both layered and flat) in FCPX a long time ago because every time there was an update to FCPX there was an issue. I have switched over to hi-res jpg for full screen files and png for files with transparency and have had no problems since. I retain a working PSD file in the event I need to make any changes. It's worth a few extra moments to export a jpg or png as opposed to dealing with issues with PSD files.

Just as a test I imported a PSD into a project and it was offset down and to the right by some 500-600 pixels.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 5, 2018 at 5:13:22 pm

If he wants to try converting all his files to jpeg, the fast way would be to record a batch action, then apply that to the folder full of .psd's. The first one you do in real-time, but then the batch action will process the rest of your folder lickety-split.

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Jan 5, 2018 at 7:30:46 pm

You could also set up an Automator action to convert everything to JPEG. Then you just drag and drop your PSD files on the automator and it converts in the background. No need to even open Photoshop.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]