FORUMS: list search recent posts

Collapse audio won't re-attach detached a/v in 10.4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Powell
Collapse audio won't re-attach detached a/v in 10.4
on Jan 1, 2018 at 12:49:49 am

So I just upgraded from 10.1 to 10.4. In the past, collapsing audio would reattach detached audio. It's not working any more. Anyone know how to do this?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Collapse audio won't re-attach detached a/v in 10.4
on Jan 1, 2018 at 4:40:44 pm

Are you in audio lanes mode?

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Jan 2, 2018 at 7:51:57 am

Hmmm not that I know of. I'll have to research that. I ended up just recutting things in and being more careful to expand rather than detach.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 2, 2018 at 2:20:02 pm

[David Powell] "Hmmm not that I know of. I'll have to research that. I ended up just recutting things in and being more careful to expand rather than detach."

Yes.

Robin explained it, but I wanted to make sure you weren’t in lanes mode.

Detach audio is more ‘destructive’. Expand audio or components simply allows you to work with the audio separate from video. I have never seen the behavior of collapsing clips that will “reattach” the detached audio, although not a bad idea! :)

Return to posts index

Robin S. Kurz
on Jan 2, 2018 at 10:44:12 am
Last Edited By Robin S. Kurz on Jan 2, 2018 at 3:15:23 pm

[David Powell] "In the past, collapsing audio would reattach detached audio."

You're mixing two entirely different things here, making it (for me) unclear what you're actually talking about. Because detaching audio is something entirely different than expanding it. Both of which you're talking about in the same sentence. One has never been able to simply REATTACH detached audio, other than replacing the clip. And expanding/collapsing hasn't changed in 10.4.

So you may want to clarify if you in fact DETACHED the audio or not. In which case it would of course be irrelevant whether you were working with lanes or not. But even if you were, the audio still wouldn't act the same as actual detached audio. So again, at this point it's not making very much sense for me.

- RK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]