FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.4 - playback in browser stops when entering text into notes column

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hancock
FCPX 10.4 - playback in browser stops when entering text into notes column
on Dec 31, 2017 at 1:07:09 am

I just did a fresh install of High Sierra and FCPX 10.4 on my system on home, and am finding some weird things happening in FCPX. Can anyone else replicate the following?

My browser is set up to show the Name column, then the Notes column. I hit play on a clip, tab to highlight the name column, and I can rename the clip while the clip continues to play. But if I hit tab again to highlight the notes column to enter text the clip stops playing. I've tried it with multiple libraries, started new on 10.4, and it happens in each one. I've shuffled the columns around and the clip always stops playing after the second "tab" to go to whatever editable column is after Name. This didn't happen in 10.3.x.

Can anyone else replicate this?

I've also had this issue:
I'm in the timeline, hit Cmd+1 to activate the browser and hit spacebar to play a clip. I see the playhead in list view moving, but the viewer doesn't show the clip - it shows the frame I'm parked on in the timeline. I have to manually click the event browser to update the viewer. Anyone seeing this?

I'm on a late 2015 5K iMac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, AMD r9 M395x 4GB graphics card, High Sierra 10.13.2, FCPX 10.4.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]