FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why doesn't FCPX sort correctly?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Why doesn't FCPX sort correctly?
on Dec 27, 2017 at 1:45:06 pm

Am I missing something or is this a bug? When I open up FCPX, the contents of the event in list view have a random order - or so it appears. If I click on the name field, it will sort alphanumerically, but this doesn't "stick". When I reopen X, it's no longer sorted this way.

In addition, when I import footage from my drives, the import window displays the folders and contents in random sorting order, not alphanumeric as it appears in the Finder. This is not a new issue. What's going on?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Why doesn't FCPX sort correctly?
on Dec 27, 2017 at 2:19:45 pm
Last Edited By Michael Hancock on Dec 27, 2017 at 2:23:12 pm

The name of the column it's sorting by, in the browser, should be highlighted blue with an up or down carat on it to show how it's sorting. Are there other columns you can scroll right to see? If so, check to see if it's sorting by one of them.

It should work the same in the import window too.

EDIT: Added photo for reference.
----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 27, 2017 at 2:30:46 pm

Thanks. Yes, I understand. However, it doesn't appears to open that way nor stick after you've sorted it. For example, the image I uploaded (browser) was sorted at the end of the day yesterday. When I opened it for the first time this morning, the name field was not highlighted and the order was scrambled. I've found that issue to be consistent across multiple libraries and computers.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Dec 27, 2017 at 3:22:41 pm

So this is weird. I opened a FCPX project I was working on yesterday to do that screen grab and didn't see this issue. Then I reopened it after your post and all of my column layouts were reset to the defaults and it's not sorted anymore. I opened a few more libraries and they're all reset to the default columns too. The sorting is off too.

So I reset the columns, closed and opened the library and it remembered them, sorting order too. It's got to be a bug.

Also, I'm on a brand new install of High Sierra with FCPX 10.4 and new libraries too, not updated ones.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 27, 2017 at 3:33:43 pm

[Michael Hancock] "Also, I'm on a brand new install of High Sierra with FCPX 10.4 and new libraries too, not updated ones."

Mine are generally updated. I'll have to check a fresh one.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]