FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut X- frames dropping

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robert ryde
Final Cut X- frames dropping
on Dec 27, 2017 at 3:59:03 am

So recently final cut is killing me every time i try and import a clip that was filmed on my canon XA10.
The camera has two options for frame rate either 50i or 25 (doesn't specify in camera if that P or i) but when I import it (final cut 10.4) and open the inspector its coming up as 1920x1080i & 25i I'm trying to cut this together with my canon dslr footage that is shooting HD and I want my final project to be HD not interlaced.
Even just dropping the footage from ONLY the XA10 it is crashing final cut completely and I get the little loading wheel of death that comes up for ages until finally I can delete the footage or alternatively have to force quit FCPX.
I haven't had this problem with shooting with this camera before the only thing that it may be is because I'm shooting interview and letting the camera run for a longer period of time than usual and am guessing that the ADCHD filing system that the camera uses is merging two clips into one because if I go through the 'show package contents' I can see that it has broken it up into a number of clips.
From my research so far I believe that the frame rate is not staying 'consistence' and this is what is causing the crash. I've run some of the footage through the program handbrake and have been able to set it to consistent and then change the frame rate to 24P and it then seems to run fine but I'm really sure on what type of affect this will have on the footage???
Any help with this would be much appreciated. As I mentioned can run it through 'Hand Brake' but will take a lot of time and scared for quality loss? Also if I can avoid this problem again in the future would be fantastic!

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Re: Final Cut X- frames dropping
on Jan 2, 2018 at 5:13:02 pm

It seems there's some problem with FCPX 10.4 and Canon HF G10/XA10. I'm hearing other people is experiencing similar issues with those cams. My footage shows some glitter on the upper part, like wrong pixels. Looking similar to old miniDV drops. I never had problems on the previous versions of FCPX. The same footage seems to play fine direct from the camera or on Quick Time player if I just drop the MTS file on the Desktop without FCPX transcoding it. I was just about to EOL the cam after trying different cards and seeing no improvement, but it seems the problem lies somewhere else.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]