FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut X- media management

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
robert ryde
Final Cut X- media management
on Dec 27, 2017 at 3:29:03 am

Hey all, first of all thanks to everyone for the amount I have learnt from these forums. I've learnt everything I know from here and tutorials so am definitely not a professional editor but getting closer thanks to you guys.
So currently I am editing a documentary that has a large number of interviews.
My plan is to edit each interview and then export it so it can be transcribed and also keep all the clips in one place.
I know I can make a compound clip but then once you have the original files and sound files two different camera angle for each interview you end up with about 10 files per interview in my event folder (I am using key words for organisation but it's still so messy)
SO my idea was to edit and interview then export it so I have everything in one spot. My fear is that by exporting then reimporting I am going to loose image quality? Any other thoughts on best media management for a project like this?

Return to posts index

Carmi Weinzweig
Re: Final Cut X- media management
on Dec 28, 2017 at 7:11:31 pm

Some questions to help you with your organization:

Were each of the interviews shot with one, two or more cameras?

Did you have a separate audio recorder?

Are you creating transcripts to help with the editing or for use after? If for use while editing, are you cutting the interviews first to cut down on cost or for some other ready?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]