FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proper mono and stereo audio mapping on a 4-track camera original raw footage mapping

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lee
Proper mono and stereo audio mapping on a 4-track camera original raw footage mapping
on Dec 14, 2017 at 1:07:49 am
Last Edited By Sam Lee on Dec 14, 2017 at 1:10:55 am

I'm working on footage shot on a 4-track audio digital cinema camera. It has been transcoded to Pro Res 422 HQ with 4-track PCM audio. The audio layout:

Track 1: Mono 3-pin XLR lav mic #1 on subject #1
Track 2: Mono 3-pin XLR lav mic #2 on subject #2
Tracks 3-4: Stereo X/Y on-camera 5-pin stereo shotgun for stereo ambience background sound.

I noticed 10.3.4 only allows four mono, stereo or surround in it audio mapping. I do not want to work in surround. To properly treat the original field recorded audio correctly (particularly the stereo ambience), I tried 1 clip and select them as "two stereo" in the Audio Configuration menu. When I do this, tracks #3-4 are properly panned as stereo. There is stereo separation. However, track #1-2 are do not have proper dual mono and it's currently paned as left. Previous version of FCP allowed track #1-2 to be dual mono and track #3-4 to be stereo. But no more in 10.3.4. Is there a way to properly pan track #1, 2 all to dual mono or pan center? Having the dialogue on the left channel & right channel on tracks #1-2 only is abnormal and it doesn't match with the video. I'm thinking of using the Pan/Stereo Left&Right filter, but not sure if that's correct way to do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]