FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Flow Transition

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
FCPX Flow Transition
on Nov 28, 2017 at 3:14:15 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Nov 28, 2017 at 3:21:16 pm

Sometimes this renders correctly on export (share) and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, it just dissolves and you see the mismatch. Any rhyme or reason why this is happening and how to make it work consistently? Restarting FCPX usually fixes this, but that's pretty stupid. Media is 4K ProResHQ from an Alexa in a 1080 project. 2013 Mac Pro.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: FCPX Flow Transition
on Nov 28, 2017 at 3:29:37 pm

In my case, I've got to park the playhead on each instance of the Flow transition for it to analyze and render properly. I've gotten into the habit of doing this so I can preview the transition. After that, it's fine.

Something to try, anyway...

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Nov 30, 2017 at 1:46:51 pm

I've had issues with Optical Flow randomly just refusing to work on clips. It just continues to try and Analyze without ever completing. Given that the Flow transition uses Optical Flow I wonder if that's what is going on. The only solution I've found is to go back to the Browser and replace the clip with a new copy and redo the speed changes.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Nov 30, 2017 at 7:29:33 pm

[Brett Sherman] "It just continues to try and Analyze"

I was exporting the same sequence today. The export itself looked fine, however, when starting to Share, it gave me a prompt that background process (Flow) weren't complete yet - continue or not? I continued and it was fine, but it did this repeatedly. Buggy.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]