FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving lower third preset in FCPX 10.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marigna Bright
Saving lower third preset in FCPX 10.3
on Nov 26, 2017 at 11:41:30 pm

Hello,
I cant seem to find a clear answer, still relatively new to FCPX.

Im doing a 14 episode show, where I reuse the same lower third title multiple times. Can I save a version of it in FCPX, rename it to 'LUCY LT' and reuse in a later episode?

Currently, Im copying/pasting the template, adding in the name and title of the person, and have to reposition accordingly each time in the timeline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Saving lower third preset in FCPX 10.3
on Nov 27, 2017 at 6:49:50 am

Assuming you made the lower third in motion, you can always open it there set it up the way you need with the person’s name, etc then save a copy Back to FCPX. Then just drag it on like any other title.

Alternatively, you could create an empty compound clip, copy and paste the title into that. From there, you just attach the coumpund clip to the storyline as needed.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Marigna Bright
on Nov 27, 2017 at 4:17:13 pm

Thank you, I will give this a try!

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Nov 28, 2017 at 3:27:30 am
Last Edited By Brett Sherman on Nov 28, 2017 at 3:35:05 am

I would jot down the parameters you use in FCP X. Then right-click in the Title Browser and select "Open in Motion".

Then in Motion, select the "Project" layer at the top. Then Inspector / Project / Publishing. (See picture below)

Then enter your default parameters and save. That way when you grab it in the browser in FCP X, it will come in with those parameters. You could either save over your old template or even better "Save As" and give it a new name and custom "Category"

There are no "presets" for titles like there are for effects. I wish there were. But this method is a way of getting around that. You can save multiple versions of the same template named slightly different with different parameters.

--------------------------
Brett Sherman
One Man Band (If it's video related I'll do it!)
I work for an institution that probably does not want to be associated with my babblings here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]