FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX monitoring cam audio issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
FCPX monitoring cam audio issues
on Nov 21, 2017 at 1:43:19 pm

My i/o is running though a BMD UltraStudio Express. I have camera originals that are 4 or 5 channels of audio, ID'ed as mono. Most of these are from an ARRI Alexa. I cannot hear any audio until this is on a timeline because it is mono. If I change the camera setting to surround (the only option with 5 mono channels) I can hear the audio. Or - if I use my Mac's line out audio instead of the UltraStudio, then I can hear the camera audio (without changing channel configuration). Is there a better solution than either of these options? It works fine in Premiere and Media Composer.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: FCPX monitoring cam audio issues
on Nov 21, 2017 at 3:36:55 pm
Last Edited By Michael Hancock on Nov 21, 2017 at 3:38:34 pm

Try this and see if it fixes things.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204780

EDIT: If you're on Sierra, see if this helps:
http://www.fcp.co/forum/4-final-cut-pro-x-fcpx/27160-audio-midi-settings-mi...

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Nov 21, 2017 at 6:54:39 pm

Thanks. The Midi set-up helped. Basically I set it from Stereo to 2.0 Surround and then back to Stereo and it is now fine. Sheesh.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Nov 21, 2017 at 9:04:06 pm

Glad it worked!

I still think Apple needs to do more work on their video I/O, or work with Blackmagic to get drivers that don't have these issues and the stickiness and delays. These issues don't exist with Avid and Premiere - just FCPX.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Jeff Markgraf
on Nov 21, 2017 at 10:41:28 pm

Yep. It's a known bug. I think it was introduced with Mavericks OS. FWIW, it seems only to affect files that have the pan mode set to "none" - which, of course, would be any file with mono audio.

I thought it was just with AJA I/O hardware. Sorry to hear it affects BMD as well. But at least it's an easy fix once you know what to do. But I agree - kinda shoddy coming from Apple.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]