FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switch (not solo) between audio clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Paredes
Switch (not solo) between audio clips
on Nov 9, 2017 at 12:35:39 am

I am trying to enhance an audio track for my client.

What have I done: I duplicated the audio tracks and placed them one on top of the other.

What I can't figure out how to do: I would like to be able to do an A/B type comparison. Meaning I'd like to listen to only one audio track at a time. I know I can do OPTION+S to solo the selected track but when I do this shortcut again, FCP simply turns back ON the tracks that went grey/silent. This doesn't work for me because it mixes both audio tracks again during playback.

Hopefully there's a shortcut that will allow me to "switch to" the desired track on the fly.

I hope I explained well what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks!

Xavier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Switch (not solo) between audio clips
on Nov 9, 2017 at 2:14:35 am

Put those two clips in an Audition and bounce back and forth between the clips using the “Next Pick” and “Previous Pick” commands. The default controls are control right arrow and control left arrow.

You can also use ‘v’ to enable or disable clips on the fly so you’d have to enable what you want, then quickly disable it and then enable the other clip.

Return to posts index

Xavier Paredes
on Nov 9, 2017 at 11:51:58 am

@Jeremy. Thanks for your reply but I was hoping to be able to do this within the FCP itself. Also, the "v" shortcut doesn’t work because it requires too many steps. I need a way to do it with a single shortcut.

Xavier

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 9, 2017 at 1:15:57 pm

[Xavier Paredes] "Thanks for your reply but I was hoping to be able to do this within the FCP itself. "

Everything I suggested is within fcp. Auditions are types of clips, similar to multicam clips. You would place the two audio clips in an Audition clip and toggle back and forth. This has nothing to do with Adobe Audition. See here to get started:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12641?locale=en_US

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 9, 2017 at 1:19:49 pm

Down and dirty is to solo the first, and then select the second during playback and hit cmd s twice very quickly and so on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]