FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems copying/cutting in/out selection of a single clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Hughes
Problems copying/cutting in/out selection of a single clip
on Oct 31, 2017 at 1:49:02 pm

For some reason I'm having a problem copying/cutting an in/out selection of a single clip on the timeline:

-Generally when it's an in/out selection of a single clip it does not make the copy. When I paste, it pastes whatever was previously copied.

-If I try to cut the in/out selection, it performs the cut, but when I paste, it pastes whatever was previously copied (this is the most frustrating problem)

-I can cut/copy in/out selections of multiple clips and paste the selection without issue. This only seems to happen when it's an in/out selection of a single video clip on the timeline.

-If I select the entire single clip and copy it, it pastes fine. The problem only happens with an in/out selection of a single clip.

Return to posts index

Ryan Hughes
Re: Problems copying/cutting in/out selection of a single clip
on Oct 31, 2017 at 2:03:22 pm

I should also note that sometimes it works. I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't always work.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 31, 2017 at 3:03:47 pm

Yeah selection of ranges in the timeline can get a bit weird. Can you send a screencap of it happening? New Screen Recording from QuickTime Player app.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Ryan Hughes
on Oct 31, 2017 at 3:23:50 pm

Sure here is an example where I I copy and paste a selection and it works fine. Then I try to copy and paste a different clip and it pastes the previous clip. It's hard to determine when it wants to work and when it doesn't and why.
https://vimeo.com/sliderulepictures/review/240678684/a63f2a3e01

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 31, 2017 at 5:08:22 pm

Yeah could be a bug or to do with zoom level on the timeline. If you can make it happen consistently every time I would submit a bug report to Apple.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]