FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making DVD’s on a PC with files from FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ferran
Making DVD’s on a PC with files from FCPX
on Oct 23, 2017 at 12:02:32 pm

Hello, I’m having some trouble. I’m trying to burn a DVD that will play in a DVD player. I created an ISO file out of Final Cut and since I don’t have a burner on my Mac I bring the file over to my PC.

I’ve tried a bunch of ‘free’ burning programs and I keep getting a dvd that plays in my pc but refuses to play on any player. I’m writing to DVD + R’s dual layer disks. I’ve tried writing straight from the ISO file and from the Videos folder after mounting the image. No luck, this time I’m trying to bring over a master file and have one of these programs convert it then burn it. Let’s see if that works.

I’d really rather not do it this way though, the file is 90 minutes long and the file is going to be gargantuan, I’d really like to figure out how to make DVD’s out of Final Cut work, any tips?

**UPDATE**
Master file compression didn’t work either 😑 could really use some help at this point.

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
Re: Making DVD’s on a PC with files from FCPX
on Oct 23, 2017 at 1:06:32 pm

Don't burn the files by dragging and dropping from the disc image. Burning files by using drag and drop will burn files in windows format which isn't recognized by DVD players. You need to burn the entire iso file to your disc. The iso file is a disc image and contains the formatting needed to be recognized by a DVD player.

Insert the DVD blank in the burner. Right click on the ISO file and select burn image to disc.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd451080.aspx

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Charles Ferran
on Oct 23, 2017 at 8:43:43 pm

Just tried on two separate discs, they both aren't readable on a dvd player, and my pc spits them out saying there's nothing on them but they are burned.. ehhh help? is my image corrupted maybe? but it can't be because what I've been trying has been working, its just not readable by a dvd player.

Charles Ferran
845-699-5270
http://www.charlesferran.com

"Far better is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with the poor spirits who neither enjoy much, nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that knows no victory or defeat."

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Oct 23, 2017 at 9:00:13 pm

I have a friend who makes ISO files in FCPX and burns them on a PC so it should work.

In no particular order...

First thought would be to buy a burner for the Mac and burn it from there as they’re cheap enough. Any USB burner will do.

Second thought is stop using free burning programs and buy a commercial one for the PC. Can’t recommend one because I haven’t touched a Windows machine in decades.

Third thought would be to stop burning DVD+R discs. They’re not the same as DVD-R and some players have trouble reading them.

Fourth thought would be to try a different burner. As they get older, laser alignment issues can lead burners to create discs that can be played back on the drive that created them but not on anything else.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 25, 2017 at 2:04:18 pm

If you can open the ISO on the Mac, just copy the VIDEO_TS folder and burn that on the PC.

I've had great success with that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]