FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX workflow Older version

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chiara Armentano
FCPX workflow Older version
on Oct 16, 2017 at 6:03:42 pm

Hi all,

I have an important issue and hope you can help.

I am taking a feature length project from a director who has edited the rough cut of the film with FCPX version 10.0.8. He has worked on a mac with the following specs:

2009, 2.93 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 Gb, 10.6.8 OS Macbook pro

He asked me to help with the edit till the final cut, but eventually he wants to be able to work on the FCPX again at the end of the process.

I have a more recent system, a Macbook pro Retina, 2015, Yosemite, Version 10.10.5 and my own version of FCPX is a 10.2.2.

I am a newbie with FPCX, since I use mostly Premiere and Avid so I am not sure what to do .

What do you think is the best workflow here in order to be able to go back and forth with the director considering he wants to be able to keep editing himself after I am done?

Do you know a simple way to do this? I also though to install that previous version of FCPX 10.0.8 he has, but it seems that Yosemite has issues with that, so it will not work on my system. At the same time, if I upgrade his project, then he will not be able to edit himself afterwards, since his computer is too old for version 10.2.2, I think.

I am stuck here, and don’t know what to do.

Could you please help and advice?

Thank you so much.

Chiara

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX workflow Older version
on Oct 16, 2017 at 8:11:06 pm

I would recommend to the director if they would like you to edit you be allowed to do so in the NLE you know how to use better. Especially as once you touch the project in a later version of FCPX it will never be able to be reopened on their version.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]