FORUMS: list search recent posts

DTD validation failure. Need some assistance.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
DTD validation failure. Need some assistance.
on Oct 14, 2017 at 11:58:20 pm

I've had something like this happen before folks, but I can't seem to target the problem in the XML; not sure what to delete.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: DTD validation failure. Need some assistance.
on Oct 15, 2017 at 2:31:53 am

What’s the XML from?

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Oct 15, 2017 at 6:11:25 am

I am confused with your question. It's from FCP X. Do you mean is it from a library, event, or project? I believe it's a library XML. An XML made from the backup file gave the same results when trying to import.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 15, 2017 at 3:07:36 pm

[Tangier Clarke] "It's from FCP X. "

It could be from a number of different applications, so I was making sure where the XML originated.

It’s hard to tell from that screengrab, but it seems like the audio of the file(s) aren’t lining up with what’s described in the xml.

Do you have libraries for this or only the xml from the library?

What does a more complete log in the Console say? It might help narrow down which file or files are causing trouble.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Oct 15, 2017 at 4:06:25 pm

I have a library that, after being launched became corrupted. I managed to export an XML of the library after this notice. The DTD failure is the result of that XML being imported into a new library. The most recent backup library and exported XML has similar problems.

I ran the XML through Digital Rebellion's XML Repair, but it found nothing wrong.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 15, 2017 at 4:26:53 pm

Why not make a new library and drag Events from the bad library to the new library.

See what fails, or doesn’t.

If not, you’re going to have to post the XML to see if there’s anything to be seen. The screengrab doesn’t give enough information.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]