FORUMS: list search recent posts

Different FPS clips than Timeline, Rate conform not Active in inspector!?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Lukus
Different FPS clips than Timeline, Rate conform not Active in inspector!?
on Oct 14, 2017 at 1:46:10 am

Ok is this a bug? Because the inspector doesn't always have the rate conform option pop up in the inspector when dropping in a different FPS clip (example 24FPS clip dropped in 30FPS timeline)....

Most clips show the rate conform option but some don't? I double check the clips FPS and it is indeed different, any clue why this is happening? anyone else see this happen? Basically I would like to have the option to select optical flow etc... But I guess a work around would be to just re-time/choose your video quality and put it back at 100% playback, hopefully it works correctly, just seems very glitchy sometimes the video quality is block out so you can't choose an option as it is suppose to be in the rate conform etc... Just seems they could make this work better, like block it out also when you select auto speed, as to not make you think it is "conforming" the clip etc...

Again has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Different FPS clips than Timeline, Rate conform not Active in inspector!?
on Oct 14, 2017 at 10:03:59 am

I could be wrong but I thought rate conform only worked where the FPS of the clip was greater than that of the timeline. I wouldn’t expect any option for 24p in a 30p timeline.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Joe Lukus
Re: Different FPS clips than Timeline, Rate conform not Active in inspector!?
on Oct 16, 2017 at 1:11:30 am

I’m pretty sure it is any time the FPS of a clip differs from the the timelines FPS: https://larryjordan.com/articles/fcp-x-conform-different-video-frame-rates/

Well I guess I’m the only that really has this problem, or looks at it this closely...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]