FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photos, color correction and rendering time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
Photos, color correction and rendering time
on Oct 12, 2017 at 6:13:23 am

I have been working on a project with some video and a number of stills. Late in the process, I was using Chromatic to color correct some of the stills, (typically jpeg and about 2MB). The project ground to a halt. I tried to turn of background rendering but it still choked. I could see the cpu was trying, but it was basically jammed. I finally managed to kill that project, go back to an earlier version and not do any color correction on photos. Everything worked fine. So, is the only workaround to color correct photos outside of FCPX and then import them? I had run them through Lightroom, so they were close.
I know X chokes on very large photos, but these were pared down to less than 2 MB and weren't anything special.

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Photos, color correction and rendering time
on Oct 12, 2017 at 8:28:33 pm

Have you tried colour correcting with something other than Chromatic? Could that plugin be what’s eating up all the cpu cycles? I’ve done projects with large numbers of stills and never had an issue but I’ve usually corrected with either the colour board or Color Finale.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: Photos, color correction and rendering time
on Oct 12, 2017 at 11:45:37 pm

Thanks, I will do some tests with those approaches, once I have delivered the video for its showing Saturday. It could be one of the color correcting one of the photos was causing a problem. Certainly caused me a moment of panic since I am close to the deadline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]