FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with graphic artist and noticed fonts in FCPX are different from those in Photoshop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Watts
Working with graphic artist and noticed fonts in FCPX are different from those in Photoshop
on Oct 10, 2017 at 8:41:24 pm

I could be wrong, but my font choices in FCPX seem to be different than choices in Photoshop.

I'm working with a graphic artist to develop DVD cover art and obviously want the title match everywhere.

If I buy a new font will loading into Font Book have it accessible with all my software?

I can't believe I'm asking such a basic question, but I just haven't crossed this bridge before.

So:

If I buy a new font how do I load that for FCPX? PS?

THX

Larry

Return to posts index

Larry Watts
Re: Working with graphic artist and noticed fonts in FCPX are different from those in Photoshop
on Oct 10, 2017 at 9:03:11 pm

So as that no one wastes their time I should say I do know how to add fonts into Font Book, and I know I need to restart to make them accessible.

My question is why I can't select fonts in Photoshop that I see in FCPX?

THX

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Working with graphic artist and noticed fonts in FCPX are different from those in Photoshop
on Oct 12, 2017 at 8:39:10 pm

There are a couple of font folders - one user and one system - and Photoshop only uses one of them - I don’t use photoshop but I remember being told that by a designer a couple of years ago - but there can also be license restrictions, for instance there are some MacOS system fonts that Photoshop doesn’t have access to.

None of that is likely to apply to any third party font you install, or at least it never has in my experience.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]