FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci can't find clips when importing XML from Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dário Coelho
Davinci can't find clips when importing XML from Final Cut Pro X
on Oct 9, 2017 at 2:19:27 pm

Hi folks!

Whenever I try to import a XML from Final Cut, Davinci doesn't find the clips. I then tell it where they're stored and usually it ends up finding less than a third of them, despite them being all in one folder, and I simply can't color grade my projects. It finds a few more if I tell it to ignore file extensions, but still not even close to all of the clips and still no solution.

Both Final Cut and Davinci are up to date.

So here's what I do in detail:

Export XML in version 1.6, saving the XML in the same folder as my original source files.
I then create a new project in Davinci and select import from XML, chose the file I just created and Voila... we're back at the problem.

I did activate optimized and proxy media in Final Cut, suspected that to be the problem at first, but I just read that Final Cut exports the XML files linking to the original clips. In fact I just created a test project withouth optimized/proxy media and just inserted a single clip. Exported, imported and even that Davinci can't find the single clip for.

I'm a bit clueless, but desperately need Davinci for Grading on the current project, so I'd very much appreciate any help on this.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Davinci can't find clips when importing XML from Final Cut Pro X
on Oct 10, 2017 at 5:24:21 pm

Two things.

Add the media to the media pool before importing the XML.

There's an option to import the media to the media pool during import of XML.

Have you tried those options?

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Davinci can't find clips when importing XML from Final Cut Pro X
on Oct 13, 2017 at 11:46:46 pm

Is your FCPX media in a location the Resolve media pool can access - as defined on the left hand side of the import pane? I’m not a big Resolve user so I can’t remember what it’s called, but you have to define the specific locations that Resolve can search for media.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]