Plugin problems after upgrading from OS X 10.7.5 to 10.9.5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
Plugin problems after upgrading from OS X 10.7.5 to 10.9.5
on Sep 30, 2017 at 11:27:14 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Thanks I feel better.

After the upgrade, a huge slew of audio plugins that I normally use in Pro Tools and I guess were OK with the earlier iteration of FCP X, came to haunt me.

FCP X takes a LOT longer to start up and before it gets there a rather long list of plugins is presented that (I guess) are not opposed to work with the new version of FCP X.

Also, the only way I could get the system and FCP X to open the new version of FCP X, was to let it copy old FCP X files and create new ones for the new version. So I now have pretty much filled up my hard drives. Can I get rid of the old ones? There seem to have been some weird errors in creating the new ones. A yellow, triangular caution is beside some of the new events.

Any help you can offer in the post upgrade mess would be appreciated. I ran Clean My Mac and Disk Warrior to tidy things up a bit. They did find a few things, but the OS X upgrade seems pretty successful apart from FCP X wigging out. We even tried a reinstall of FCP X and even then, not so much fun because of the audio plugins it doesn't like. Is there a folder somewhere that they might have been put in that I can trash that won't make them inaccessible to Pro Tools?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]