FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX and Compressor: H.264 Encoding Issues after Updating to OS 10.13

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roland Blaser
FCPX and Compressor: H.264 Encoding Issues after Updating to OS 10.13
on Sep 29, 2017 at 12:47:58 pm

Dear colleagues,

For a customer out of FCPX I'm used to export videos as H.264 movies like this: Apple Devices 720p > best quality. Before the Mac OS update to 10.13 High Sierra it always worked fine. Today this export showed me an expected movie size of 220 MB as usual. However, the size of the exported movie was above 1 GB. I tried several times and finally the workaround via Compressor. Always ending with a movie size that is about four times the size it should be.

The Mac is a new Mac Pro (8 core, late 2013) with dual AMD FirePro D700. Up to now no other problems.

Any ideas beside what I already know (never update too quick).

Best regards from Switzerland,

Roland

Science journalist, cameraman, video editor. 30 years of science communication for Swiss National TV. Awarded Prix Media by Swiss Academy of Science. Nominee Descartes Prize for Science Communication European Union.
> New Mac Pro. MacBook Pro. FCPX. Logic Pro X.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCPX and Compressor: H.264 Encoding Issues after Updating to OS 10.13
on Sep 29, 2017 at 5:27:13 pm

Encoding has changed in High Sierra- I suggest setting the output manually vs. using rhe devices preset if you want more control.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Roland Blaser
Re: FCPX and Compressor: H.264 Encoding Issues after Updating to OS 10.13
on Oct 6, 2017 at 10:46:08 am

Thanks for the input. Setting the parameters manually within Compressor instead of using presets was one of my first actions. However, it didn't work. While the single pass H.264 encoding works as before, the multi-pass ("best quality") results in huge files with approximately four times the size...

Science journalist, cameraman, video editor. 30 years of science communication for Swiss National TV. Awarded Prix Media by Swiss Academy of Science. Nominee Descartes Prize for Science Communication European Union.
> New Mac Pro. MacBook Pro. FCPX. Logic Pro X.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]