FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't remember - want to bring the song down in volume so that I can hear the voiceover then bring the song back up

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cybil lake
can't remember - want to bring the song down in volume so that I can hear the voiceover then bring the song back up
on Sep 19, 2017 at 3:34:48 am

Hello! I have a song in the background of some voiceover. I want to bring the song down in volume so that I can hear the voiceover then bring the song back up the the voiceover is done. I can't remember how to make a point so that I can do this.
I believe it used to be that you would hit P for pen and you could make a couple dots and bring the audio down. Now I don't know how to do it.
thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: can't remember - want to bring the song down in volume so that I can hear the voiceover then bring the song back up
on Sep 19, 2017 at 5:07:27 am

Hold down the alt key as you click on the volume line. Or select a range under the voice over and just reduce the volume inside the range, which will add points and a bit of a fade either end.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Scott Witthaus
Re: can't remember - want to bring the song down in volume so that I can hear the voiceover then bring the song back up
on Sep 19, 2017 at 10:36:57 am

Jeff has it right. I use the range tool in this situation all the time, and then you can adjust the audio animation to your taste by moving the keyframes about.

Scott Witthaus
Owner, 1708 Inc./Editorial
Managing Partner, Low Country Creative LLC
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

cybil lake
on Sep 19, 2017 at 9:10:05 pm

thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]