FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewer has green through bottom half and skimming doesn't work

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darrin Walkenhorst
Viewer has green through bottom half and skimming doesn't work
on Sep 16, 2017 at 3:13:05 am

I'm new to FCPX and working on some old (1948 - 80's) family videos. For some reason all my clips, even newly imported clips have a green or black band through the bottom half of the clip. The band is in the index, viewer and timeline. Skimming does not work in the timeline or browser either. This wasn't there when I started and I believe came after an update. I deleted the preferences, but nothing changed.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Screen shot provided below.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Viewer has green through bottom half and skimming doesn't work
on Sep 16, 2017 at 3:35:56 pm

Probably an unsupported codec. Where did the clips come from?

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

Darrin Walkenhorst
on Sep 18, 2017 at 3:59:59 pm

I will have to check the codec. My mac is at my 87 year old mothers home. She is helping me caption the people and places in the videos, and this bug has put a stop to our progress. The reels were converted/digitized by a company, but I can't remember the details off the top of my head. I didn't have this problem with the first four reels we worked on. The green and skimming failure appeared later on after an iOS or FCPX update.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Sep 18, 2017 at 4:57:10 pm

[Darrin Walkenhorst] "My mac is at my 87 year old mothers home. She is helping me caption the people and places in the videos, and this bug has put a stop to our progress. "

Your 87 year old Mother is using FCPX?

Return to posts index

Darrin Walkenhorst
on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:06:25 am

Oh, Heavens no. She barely knows how to switch between the cable box and DVD player. I keep my mac there to work on these videos. I'm a PC guy and bought the mac and FCPX because I thought it would be the best thing ever.😞 I actually have Creative Cloud on my home and work PC's. I probably should have just learned how to use Premier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]