FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS system completely crashes when exporting video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Medina
OS system completely crashes when exporting video
on Sep 5, 2017 at 6:18:11 pm

I have a MacBook Pro MacOs Sierra version 10.12.6 (the one with the touch bar on the keyboard) and I recently installed Final Cut Pro X version 10.3.4. It's the new flat design look for FCP with some new features. The issue I am having is that whenever I export a video, my entire computer crashes and gives me this message (see image). I don't know if it's because the way I'm saving it, which is Master File, Computer, H.264 Better Quality, 1920x1080, Quicktime, or if it's something else. The only way for me to fix this is for me to close out of all my apps and tabs and shut down my computer. Is this a software issue or a computer issue? I imagine it would only be a software issue since it only occurs with FCPX and nothing else.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
Re: OS system completely crashes when exporting video
on Sep 5, 2017 at 7:25:04 pm
Last Edited By Doug Metz on Sep 5, 2017 at 8:16:52 pm

What you've got there appears to be a Kernel Panic.

It could be software OR hardware related. Sometimes a failing component (motherboard / RAM / GPU / etc.) can cause this to happen, even with new hardware. Exporting video can stress your system more than other operations, and expose problems you wouldn't see otherwise.

It could also be that you've run out of space on your boot drive and the export is choking the OS.

In your Applications / Utilities folder, there is an app named Console. If you have a bit of tech background you may be able to get an idea where the problem is originating by checking the Panic log.

More info here:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200553

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: OS system completely crashes when exporting video
on Sep 6, 2017 at 5:27:40 am

Yeah make sure you run all OS updates as well.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]