FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow with Sony F5 Raw 4K footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iván Santos
Workflow with Sony F5 Raw 4K footage
on Sep 5, 2017 at 11:57:37 am

Hi everybody,,
I am trying to figure out the best workflow for editing Sony F5 Raw 4K footage with fcxpro, since I cannot import directly the mxf files into a library. Final output should be 4096 x 2160 at 24p. After doing some research, it seems the best option would be to transcode all clips with Raw Viewer to ProRes Proxy at 2048 x 1080p, so that I can edit the project with fcxpro. After I am done with editing, export to xml and import in DaVinci for color editing and final output. Unfortunately, I am not (yet) very familiar with DaVinci, I have been told that you set up resolution when you create the project, so I would create a Full 4k 4096 x 2160 project and then import footage into Media Pool. Now, these are my questions:
- In final cut x pro, should I create a 4096 x 2160 project, edit my ProRes Proxies at 2048 x 1080p with the Fit option, so that the exported xml has a 4096 x 2160 resolution?
- And second, but very important. Will DaVinci be able to relink the project with the original Raw footage, since we don´t want to do the color editing with the proxies?

Does this make sense at all? I am not very familiar with DaVinci or 4k formats yet, thank you for your understanding.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]