FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shift key issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Shift key issues
on Aug 25, 2017 at 4:38:08 am

I am trying to rearrange clips vertically (connected storylines) but when the vertical movement is not always constrained like it should be. The clip may start moving around and not go exactly where I want it to go. Could this be a hardware issue or a virus? Confused and any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Shift key issues
on Aug 25, 2017 at 4:18:19 pm

Ha doubt it's a clip connection virus. It's this a new behavior you're seeing or something you're just hit on a more complicated tineline.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
FCP Exchange - FCPX Workshops
XinTwo - FCPX Training

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Aug 25, 2017 at 8:06:18 pm

If they are connected clipsit works. Secondary storylines are another issue. I have tried this with the both the selection and position tools. Perhaps it has something to do with the clips being in a storyline?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Aug 28, 2017 at 11:18:00 am

I've noticed this before. Sometimes you have to make sure shift is down before you start the drag or it doesn't engage.

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on Sep 16, 2017 at 4:00:32 pm

yep i concur.
seems very sensitive to the order and speed of key/mouse-click. sometimes appears not to work, then you do it again more carefully and it's ok.

depending on power of your system, i think FCPX sometimes lags in responding to keys. another example i find is selecting a clip then hitting Control-R to render - somtimes if you do it too quickly it won't render until you hit those keys again.

another example is sometimes it misses the first letter when i'm writing in text having just created a text object with Control-T.

try slowing down before your Shift-move and see if that sorts it.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Sep 16, 2017 at 7:40:26 pm

Are you using a wireless keyboard? I haven't seen your issues, EXCEPT some similar stuff with my logitech wireless keyboard. It's not bluetooth, and if you have some interference with the receiver, it can be quite flaky.

But with a wired keyboard, I've never seen any of those issues. Except the shift drag thing, but that seems to be an FCPX issue.

Return to posts index

Rikki Blow
on Sep 17, 2017 at 8:35:03 pm

MacBook Pro here - nothing wireless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]